Lying (and chasing children) around rocks and docks can be thirsty work. A discussion with my brother about the perfect caesar came to the following conclusion:
herb cucumber ice cubes
- Puree one peeled/de-seeded cucumber with
- a handful of mixed fresh herbs (basil, coriander, parsley)
- once pureed, add a glug of water to make it a little more pourable and a little less intense in flavor
- pour into ice cube trays and freeze
- rim glass with a lime followed by celery salt
- fill glass with ice cubes. I used a mixture of my homemade cubes with plain ice.
- add 1oz of vodka, some prefer gin
- a dash of tabasco
- 3 good dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- a teaspoon of horseradish
- fill glass with that delicious clammy tomato juice - Clamato
- garnish with a stick of celery, wedge of lime and a cherry tomato.
Mmm, it's a meal in a glass.