One of my SIL's signature treats is her Skor bars. She first made them for us when she and my brother came to live with us in Australia for a year. Every time there was a function with my husbands family during that time, Skor bars were requested.
My niece turns 21 today, and now 8 years since we all first tasted the this recipe, her only request - Skor bars. Andrea is not here to make them :( but has left me with the recipe.
So delicious, it tastes like the real deal.
Skor bars recipe
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line baking tray with baking paper and cover with a layer of Premium/Saltine crackers.
3. Bring 1 cup of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar to the boil.
4. Pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
5. Once out of the oven, sprinkle 1 packet of chocolate chips over the biscuits and return to the oven until melted. Smooth chocolate with a metal spoon.
6. Refridgerate for 2 hours and cut.
This recipe can be made in 15 minutes, not including cooling time.
It's been so long since I have tasted one of these. It was like you were in the kitchen with me Andy.
To my beautiful niece, Happy Birthday Alex. Have a brilliant year! xo